TNR Communications (TNR) is a fast-growing communications consultancy, specialising in Online and Broadcast PR. Owned by the Press Association, the UK’s news agency, TNR is based at the PA’s headquarters in London, Victoria.
TNR is part of the Press Association’s commercial division, offering a range of PR Services from a journalistic perspective.
Our clients include major businesses, charities and government departments. Clients either come to us directly or through their appointed PR agency and all our work is project-based.
Our services include: Broadcast (B-Roll) and online (D-Roll) production and distribution, creative video production, radio days - from our broadcast studio at the Press Association, PR Photography and Media Training for company spokespeople.
We are looking for an experienced, client facing TV/video producer/editor to provide maternity cover.
This role requires a creative problem solver with the ability to produce a variety of TV and online projects for a wide variety of clients in different sectors from news to corporate communications.
The ideal applicant will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, often putting shoots together at short notice and be able to talk clients through projects and ensure they are happy. They should be highly organised and used to multi-tasking.
They should have a keen interest in online & broadcast news and relevant experience in the field. They should also be well versed in working with clients to develop creative solutions to their briefs. Previous experience of editing and/or production of corporate or promotional videos would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy the fast-paced and demanding environment of a growing and ambitious media company. Flexibility on working hours and willingness to work unusual hours or on weekends is essential.
• Project Management – liaising with clients on a potential brief, producing a proposal with a journalistic or creative response to the story. Understanding the client’s needs and advising with a view to providing a solution and quote
• Pre production and production - setting up shoots, organizing crews and locations, writing interview questions and script writing etc
• Directing an experienced crew to produce footage for clients’ projects across a variety of shoots from news to creative programming and corporate video production
• Editing: From editing fast turn around footage ready for distribution to creative production (ability to use or knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing software desirable)
• ‘Selling-in’ stories to TV, online and radio producers when required
• Overseeing radio studio interviews
• Liaising with the Production Manager and MD’s to manage a demanding production schedule
Applicants must have video production & editing experience. A proven track record working in a news, broadcast PR environment and/or experience producing corporate or promotional videos would also be desirable.
Although the position currently available is for maternity cover, the ideal candidate would demonstrate the ability and desire to progress within the company should the opportunity arise.
Please apply by email with a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please no calls
Closing date: Friday 6th July 2011
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.